Personal Identification Information
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation ‘Personal Data’ is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
If you decide to register with or purchase from us you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself. You will voluntarily provide us with Personal Data which includes your name, email address and contact details when you:
Purchase or register with us.
Provide billing and payment information.
Register for offers or events.
Participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website/ social media channels.
Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
How We Use Collected Information
We use a combination of legitimate interest and gathering consent to process personal data, depending on the situation.
If you are an individual or run a business as a sole trader or a partnership that is not related to the FMCG industry and haven’t previously communicated with us, registered on our website or purchased from us, we will ask for your consent to process your data.
If you work for a Limited company, PLC, or similar, and we are processing your personal data, your rights under GDPR and PECR are unaffected unless we need them to satisfy a legal obligation or as part of a contract.
The Art of Curry may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
• To personalise user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
• Internal record keeping: we use a system to record our customers’ names and contact details, along with dates of orders, what was ordered, brief descriptions of when we have corresponded, met or talked, as well as delivery addresses and any names and contact details needed to get our products to you.
• To improve our Site: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
• To process payments: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
• Delivery: We use courier or delivery companies to get our goods to you, these are third parties working on our behalf and their obligations are detailed in their privacy policies.
• To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their enquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes.
Organisations that Process Data on our Behalf
In line with GDPR, we would like to inform you of any other organisations (processors) involved in the processing of your data. We have sought and have recorded assurances from other processors, where they are used; and they are as follows:
We do not pass or sell personal data to any person or company that is not acting on our behalf.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Web Browser Cookies
It is recommended that you leave on all cookies if you are not sure whether you need them or not in case they are used to provide a service that you use.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The cookies we set
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services, and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
Third party cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit, so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Hopefully this has clarified things for you and, as previously mentioned, if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not, it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However, if you are still looking for more information, please contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.
Under GDPR, The Art of Curry is the Data Controller.
The Art of Curry Ltd
8 Bramswell Road
You can call us on 07921 169262.
We don’t have a Data Protection Officer (DPO) and there is no requirement for us to appoint a DPO under the terms of the GDPR; contacting us using the details above will enable us to deal with any related enquiries.
This document was last updated on May 25, 2018.